During the first 10 months of 2017, Turkey’s tobacco and tobacco products exportation reached 778 million dollars. In comparison with the same period in 2016, this outlook means a decrease of about 11 percent. Leaf tobacco’s share of total exportation is 306 million dollars and tobacco products share is 472 million dollars. Decrease is 6 percent in leaf tobacco and 17 percent in tobacco products. Main reason of the outlook in tobacco products is 612 percent loss in sector’s exportation to Iran. En-of-year total exportation is expected to be higher than 900 million dollars.
Mahmut Özgener, President of Aegean Tobacco and Tobacco Product Exporters Association stated that leaf tobacco exportation is expected to be risen in year 2018 due to increase in production. Özgener said, “Purchasing policies of multinational companies are affecting our exportation in tobacco products sector. We are not foreseeing such a decrease next year. We expect our total exportation to reach 1 billion dollars level again.”