The foundations of the Izmir Free Trade Zone were laid as a cooperative in 1984, and after having been “Organized Industrial Zone” in 1988, it became known as a Free Zone in 1997 and attained today’s identity.
- Izmir Free Trade Zone is based on 1.620.000 m².
- Available net area for investment is 1.100.00 m² of the total area.
- Currently, 960,000 m² of the total area has been allocated.
- The investment allocation rate is 88%.
Along with the change of corporate identity, Izmir Free Trade Zone has become a region that holds numerous sectors.
Due to the advantage of being a leather customs, leather production and trading are at the top spot in the sectoral distribution along with;
- Chemical production and trade,
- PVC profile
Izmir Free Trade Zone is between Izmir Alsancak and Aliaga Ports, 40 km from Izmir Port and 26 km from the Aliaga Port.
It will increase its logistic advantage with its proximity to the Candar Port, which is considered to be one of the biggest ports in the world and it continues to be built.
It is possible to reach Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport from the Izmir Free Zone and the city center in a very short amount of time through IZBAN which is a public rail transportation.
Services and Advantages
- In the Izmir Free Zone, property and land can be handed over along with the deed in a short amount of time. This is a very advantageous prospect which makes the Izmir Free Zone a preferable choice among investors.
- Warehousing services are offered under very favorable conditions with logistics advantage.
- The Joint Health and Safety Unit can provide professional health services and experienced worker and employee safety services.
- Electrical/Natural Gas infrastructure of the zone is completed. Moreover, it is possible to develop urgent solutions that are located in IZBAS within the scope of Electricity Management.
- There is a 9000 m³ high capacity modern wastewater treatment plant and regular landfill site for the regional leather and chemical industries.
- Solid wastes are collected by IZBAS in the appropriate area in the region.
- IZBAS Solar Sludge Drying Facility was completed and is in progress since the end of 2016. In this context, Izmir Free Trade Zone is advantageous for sectors with waste material.
- İZBAS has an Integrated Management System; ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 14001: 2004 and OHSAS 18001 documents are available.
IZBAS’s target in the next 5 years is becoming a free zone that is known in the world standards with its completed administrative, institutional, environmental infrastructure as well as being widely preferred for investment.
USER COMPANIES AND EMPLOYMENT
As of the end of 2016 in the Izmir Free Zone;
- 146 native
- 14 foreigners
- 12 domestic and foreign partnerships
172 companies are operating and a total of 2,342 people are employed
It is expected that the employment of the Region will increase to approximately 3,500 as foreign and Turkish companies start their operations in 2017.
Izmir Free Trade Zone is a Free Trade Zone that is preferred due to its infrastructure, appearance and investment costs. In the recent years, there has been a significant increase in the interest of different investors from various sectors.
TPI Composite Kanat Sanayi Tic., which is one of the biggest composite wind turbine wing producers of American origin started manufacturing and exporting to the world from our region. TPI Composite Kanat Sanayi’s the subsidiary industry and the sector interest increased along with a considerable increase in the number of employment with the investment in IZBAS.
Bareks Polyethylene Film Extrusion Industry and Trade Co. Inc., one of the most important companies of the packaging sector, which is an affiliate of a reputable Izmir company such as Bakioglu Holding, has started production as of April 2017.
Dutch investor’s marble firm with a foreign capital: Kayden Stone Mermer San.ve Tic. Ltd. Sti., which will start manufacturing in the year of 2017 and Solu-Fert Kimyevi Mad. San. Ve Tic.Koll.Sti., a fertilizer firm from Istanbul are also among the IZBAS investors.
The fact that our new investors will have an exportation-based manufacturing is very pleasing due to the positive impact it will have on our region’s, Izmir’s and the country’s economy.
Milk Academy Gida San. Tic. A.S. which manufactures lactose free cheese will export its goods to the United States of America 100%, and it is planned to start business in 2018.